We are currently running in-person classes indoors in the dojo and outdoors, and virtual classes online.
Please make sure to keep informed on the province’s changes due to Covid. We will do our best so that we can keep developing in a safe environment.
We understand that everyone is anxious to return to our ‘normal’ operations – we are too! However, these measures will be in place until it is deemed safe to relax our protocols by our provincial and federal governing bodies. Classes will be shortened to allow cleaning time for the next class and/or martial arts club.
Student protocol for indoor dojo in-person classes
- Before entering the facility, ensure you are wearing a mask covering your chin, mouth and nose and please complete the self assessment screener on-line.
- If you are ill, have been in contact with someone who is ill, or if you have returned from travel outside the country within the last 14 days please let your instructor know and do not visit the dojo.
- Students can arrive no earlier then 5 minutes prior to their lesson and leave no later then 5 minutes after their lesson.
- Please do not bring a backpack, handbag, or any other bag. You will be allowed to bring your water bottle, weapons bag and other essential items only (keys, phone, wallet, epi-pen, etc) into the dojo and you may place them in the container provided. Changerooms and shower room are off limits due to Covid.
- Please enter the facility from the main door and go directly downstairs. If you do not like to use hand sanitizer please wash your hands in the washroom located to your left upon entering the building. Please abide by the Public Health Ontario protocol on washing hands that is posted in the washroom. The washroom will be cleaned before and after each class.
- Next, you will move to the reception area, where you will place your shoes on the first open spot with your belongings placed on or in your shoes. There will be a few individual sanitized containers in the dojo where you can place your valuables.
- Please sanitize your hands before entering the dojo at the station and follow the Ontario Public Health protocol that is posted. Please maintain the 2m protocol from your fellow Aikidoka before, during, and after entering the dojo.
- (Don’t forget to bow when entering the room, as usual.)
- There will be hand sanitizing stations not only outside the dojo door but inside. If at anytime you wish to sanitize please step off the mat and follow the Ontario Public Health protocol that is posted.
- Upon entering the dojo please walk straight to an open training spot that has been designated by a cone. Please ensure you maintain 2 meters between yourself and other participants as you move to your training spot.
- That is where you will remain for the duration of the class unless you need a washroom break. Please take your water bottle to your training area. There is lots of room in our new training facility.
- Start stretching and warming up for class, while waiting for the other students to enter.
- Please refrain from touching your mask or your face.
- If any student needs to use the washroom during class, they will need to ensure one member only at the washroom area and will be required to re-sanitize their hands afterwards before returning to their training block. Please alert an instructor, so that it may be sanitized before the next person’s use.
- When class is over, you will leave the dojo one-by-one.
- When leaving class, please sanitize your hands again, put on your shoes and leave the facility, as quickly as possible, from the main area door.
- We are following social distancing rules, so please keep 2 meters distance between yourself and any other persons in the facility at all times.
Protocol for visitors/parents to the dojo
- Please wait outside of the facility to limit the number of individuals indoors.
- Students who have signs of fever, cough, sneezing, and any or all respiratory illness are not to attend class.
- Please direct your child to enter the facility from the main lobby door and remind them of the protocol to sanitize, put their shoes and belongings in one spot, sanitize their weapons and hands again and enter the training area moving directly to their spot.
- If your child must use the washroom, please alert an instructor, so that they may sanitize it for the next person’s use.
- At the end of the class, students are to leave the facility one by one. When your child leaves class, you can meet them outside the main facility entrance not outside the dojo door.
- We are following social distancing rules, so please keep 2 meters between yourself and any other persons in the facility at all times.